****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

**Guest Posting By Amee P** Dark Lover By JR Ward

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
 
Book Blurb:

 
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams
 
 
Amee's Review:
 
As I sat down to read Dark Lover for the second time I only felt excitement. This book is so much to me, I can safely give it credit for opening my eyes into a whole new genera of book, one I never would have figured myself enjoying. Also, it has given me a new love for reading that I never had before. When I first picked up Dark Lover about a year and a half ago it was by total accident. I was not an avid reader to begin with, I had just gotten a nook and had started to read a little more often but nothing like what I do now. This book was one my husband had loaded on my Nook along with a lot of other "vampire" books. I had decided to join the rest of the world and read a series called Twilight LOL, and I have always loved Vampire stories so when I finished that series I had asked him to find me some more along the same lines. Well, while at the gym on the elliptical one day I was reading something else that was not really keeping my attention so I decided to give another book a go and Dark Lover was calling out to me...."read me Amee"....so I opened it up. That day I spent almost 2 hours on that elliptical from the moment I opened this book I could not stop reading it. Like I said this was the beginning of something wonderful for me. I had never read anything in the romance or erotica category and you can say that I was blushing more then a little bit but the story behind the love story is what made me want to keep going, not that the love story didn't also hold my interest cause IT DID *fans self*! It started my journey into a love for reading I never thought possible!! Reading has become an outlet, and everyone needs a little escape sometimes, so I would like to thank J.R. Ward for giving me such a wonderful gift!

This is the story of the Blind Vampire king who is rough around the edges, an alpha male in every sense of the word, but you will see he has a heart of gold. As he finds himself and his place in the world he also finds love through a half breed vampire female, Beth, who he has to help through her transition from human to vampire. He doesn't think he will fall for her but there is no stopping the inevitable bond that is meant to happen. As all of this is happening you also get a glimpse of the other Brothers of the Black Dagger Brotherhood who you will see have their HEA's in future books and you begin to see the complex world of Vampires and Lessers that J.R. Ward has created for all of us. J.R. Ward is a master at writing, her words are poetry and you can not help but get pulled into the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

This book is hands down number one on my list of recommendations to anyone who wants a good read. There is erotic romance but these books are so much more then that, there is action, humor, friendship, heartbreak and a world you feel like you are a part of. Once you finish Dark Lover you will want more right away but don't fret there are 9 more books waiting for you. Reading this on round 2 only made me fall more in love with this story and it's characters. If you are looking for something to totally 'suck' (pun intended) you in please read this, you will have no regrets!
 
Buy Link: 
 

2 comments: