****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout





Book Blurb:


 Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Jo-Anna's Review:

 I've been in Mexico all week and I brought 2 books with me. I know what you're thinking, 2 books are definitely not enough. Well I started with Obsidian and now just finished Onyx and honestly, a part of me was super excited to go home so I could buy the next book cause I am dying to find out what happens next! This books was amazing! Like the others, I just loved it!! It had some hot intense passion again between Katy and Daemon AND it had some "can I trust this person" moments also. Me being the type of reader who likes to guess what's going to happen, was very excited when I guessed that a certain character was not trust worthy and I was right! I love it when I'm right. 

Quotes:

- “I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?"
 
- “I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.” 
 
- “Say it."
"Say what?"
"Tell me what you told me earlier."
"I love you."
"That's all I ever need to hear."
"Those three words?"
"Always those three words.”
 
- “If there is anything, there is us.
You and me. No one else.”
 
- “Not in this lifetime, buddy,” I said finally. 
“Resistance is futile, Kitten.” 
“So is your charm.” 
“We’ll see.”
 
- “Oh holy alien babies everywhere!”

- “Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment